Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Well here we go again....lol

Thats what it feels like anyway...had a drs appointment today...he did the normal things...we talked about pain and how I am doing. Not much has really changed in the last month....my L 4/L5 are still acting up a bit but he is very pleased with my recovery so far...I am hoping it just continues along the way. I will be 7 months post op on Sept 5th.....actually I think I am doing pretty well. Bending and standing are still a bit of a problem for me...I am still walking with a cane and I have good days and bad days .....so I will continue taking the medication the way I am suppose to and just keep maintaining.

I am still having bladder problems....I really need to be near a bathroom when I get the urge to pee....but atleast I am getting some warning now and I can get there...in the beginning I had a horrible time. I am praying that the nerves that stimulate that feeling heal and heal allll the way. There is a possibility that they will only heal so far and thats' all folks! I suppose that is why the dr told me we would see where we are in 18 months....

Walking....Walking is really a problem for me...toward the end of the day it is hard for me to get up and down sometimes....depends on the day....I find that I cannot walk very far and am really unsteady on my feet. I am hoping that comes back too. I cannot wait for the day to come when I want something and I just jump up and get it....now I have to get in the right position to push myself up with my hands....how old does that sound to you....this sooooo sucks. I am really tired of it.

The Doctor hit on that too...he told me that people with this stuff going on really do have a hard time with depression and he suggests that I get up and go if I can...he said he has faith in me to do it and that he knows I will be ok....little does he know of the days I sit here and cry because I cannot do what I want...I am tired of being depressed and not being able to do what I want to do......oh well....this to shall pass I suppose.

All in all I guess this was a pretty good day.....next doctors appoint is in 2 months....I will be back before then I am sure - I mean here - not the drs office - gonna hold out on that one as long as I can!

Ok ....need to go check the pizza for the boys.....like I said.....here we go again!

peace and love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment