Monday, April 26, 2010

Night time and pain and nerves!

Night time is worse...last night my leg really hurt. I could not find a comfortable position at all...first one pillow then two...and still no relief. I finally took another Pain pill and a Trazadone...that was about 3 am and I guess I fell asleep...I woke up around 9:45 this morning so 6 hours is not to bad....but then I could not move my leg very well once I woke up. The pain is horrible when I try to move it and walking is getting more difficult in the mornings. It is like the leg itself has to wake up and is stuck.

I read some more about this in the forums I belong to and it seems to me that the nerves are worked all day and by working them it irritates them...so then when it is time for them to rest they are all inflamed or something and thus the pain.....at least that is what I think. The problem is that no one really knows and this is just part of the healing process. They say the pain is the nerves healing ...well if that is the case I am healing my rump off!

It seems that after the weekend my legs hurt worse ....like Sunday night and Monday morning and I guess that would be because I have the boys and I am more active....Standing cooking...wii bowling....lol....just more active in general...(I do believe that kids keep you young!).....and that would irritate the nerve. But then I wonder if irritate is the right word...I am thinking that stimulate is a better word...at least it is alot more positive.

I think being positive is a definite plus with this crap too. I have to laugh about it or I would cry...and I have always said...if you laugh at yourself then people are laughing with you, not that I think anyone would laugh at someone with a disability. BUT I have to admit...I have taken some funny falls.....I just don't bounce as well as I used to.

So general consensus is have a lazy day and no leg pain or go about your day as best as you can and endure some discomfort...ie.. pain, increased numbness etc.....and go on with your life.
I suppose I will pick going on with my life.

Peace and love to you all....have a wonderful day~

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if a water mattress would help or something on that line of a matterss that conforms to your body???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually Dr. Kunkle told me to prop my leg up and put a pillow between my knees....lol...can you imagine...I told Jr and he told me I have not been able to bend like that forever...Coal miners! lol

    In all honestly sleeping with my leg elevated does seem to help...and I do put a pillow between my legs when on my side but cannot sleep on my right side at all...it is just crazy.

    ReplyDelete