Friday, April 30, 2010

Checking in....

Well not much has been going on as far as my CES....the Dr changed my pain pills and it does seem to help a bit ....now I take Tramadol with the Hydrocodone....and it does seem to help me. He told me the neurontin may not have had time to kick in yet but at least for the time being I am maintaining.

I had to go grocery shopping this evening...my cupboards were bare...my son and my 2 grandsons went with me and I actually walked behind the cart this time...I have not went to bed yet tonight so we will see. Seems that when I am up alot I suffer at night time. I hope not...the leg pain at night is absolutely the worse to me and I still do not understand it. I mean it just does not make sense to me. I would think the legs/nerves would hurt more when you were walking....but laying down flat is horrible....simply horrible.

Sex...my husband and I had sex for the 2ND time since I had surgery. I am proud to report everything worked....I guess....there was no orgasm but there was no pain either. Before the surgery I would experience pain when we had intercourse. This was not every time but it was enough to be a worry to me...in fact I was ready to talk to the Dr about it at my next visit when I got hit with this. Well there was no pain this time ....woohoo....our biggest problem with sex is we have no time....I swear ...we have to make an appointment....oh the life of a grandma and grandpap....lol....can you imagine....there is just something wrong with putting those words together...sex and grandma and pap....omg.....wasn't it yesterday we were all fooling around in the back seat of a sedan madly in love...lol....welcome to reality...we are getting old!

Now on to more serious things....I have been getting urges to pee again...and I have not had any accidents today....that is a good thing. I was finally able to get my bowels to move day before yesterday... I had not gone for 4 days ....I am not incorporating Activa to my diet so we will see. You see all those commercials on TV for things that help the disabled like depends and stuff and you think ...wow....that is years down the road and you don't pay attention to them....well when you need them you are thankful they are there....but now I have to admit....I not only wear the pants in the family...I wear the diapers too! lol

Sleeping in not any better...not sure if it is because I just cannot sleep due to worry...remember my son is going thru some stuff....or if it is because of the leg pain....I usually drift off about 3 - 4 am then up around 8 or 9 am....just one time I would like for my head to hit the pillow and me go out and get some serious sleep!

Walking is good I guess. I am walking with a cane but honestly there are days when I feel like I could use a walker...my right leg is the one that gives out but my left leg is numb on the inside of my calf and my thigh bothers me when I have leg pain and occasionally it lets me know it is there. I feel like if I start going back to my walker that is regressing...and I refuse to do that....only forward....and if I have to use the walker I guess I will but I do not have to like it...I guess the important thing is that I keep walking.

Driving is OK.....so far I have not had any trouble but I drive slower and if my leg is hurting me in any way shape or form I do not drive...it is not worth it to me. I am just thankful that I can drive....today was the most I have driven but had no choice...Dr's appointments, banking that needed done, groceries...just errands in general and toward the end of the drive home my leg was starting to let me know it was there. It is so weird that it works...although slower and clumsier, it hurts, but it feel numb when you touch it....just makes not sense to me. It is very cold now too....Dr. Kunkle says it is the nerves. I told you he told me we would see where we are in a year and a half....I cannot imagine!

I start physical therapy Tuesday. I am really excited about that...I am sure that he can give me some exercises to do at home that will strengthen my legs....I can hardly wait. It is a sad state of affairs when your good leg has a steel plate and 8 screws in it with the ankle screwed back on! I just hope I do not have to win a race! lol

OK hope you all have a good night and hope I have not been too boring this evening...unfortunately when you lay around mostly and pass the time by blogging or anything else you can do on a computer you get boring!

Peace and love to you all,

Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment