Sunday, April 25, 2010

What a day....

Today was filled with drama it seemed....my son was not in a very good mood...as I said at first he is going thru some major life changes and it is hard for him...his two boys are with us on weekends and two evenings a week....sometimes it is hard when you are trying to adjust ..and we are alllll going thru some kind of adjustments in this house! This was a hard day emotionally for them and him....and grandma picks up the pieces...and I hurt like crap today....I found bruises I did not know I had after my fall...my foot is totally blue now...omg...my toes look like little sausages sticking out....my big toe is purple now....lol....it matches my hair!!! It is very swollen and tender to walk on.

I have had pain in my legs today just like the old kind before the surgery...the burning....wavey pain...it starts at my hip and travels to the tips of my toes....crazy...I have only taken 4 pain pills today...which is a good thing...I did take both of the naproxen and I cut the neurontin by 300mg...my vision is getting blurry when I first take my medicine...or at least that is when I seemed to notice it today...I only stood long enough to deep fry wings for the guys....and my legs hurt...that does not seem fair...seems like a girl ought to at least have a story to tell about her legs hurting....I went for a hike ....I started walking or running...oh....I have CES....that's a real pisser! I did ask the my neurologist about physical therapy and he said not as long as I was still have the leg pain like I am...Dr. Kunkle agreed with him. I was kind of looking forward to getting out of the house!

I still am having bowel problems...pretty soon I will really relate to that "she is full of......." lol.
That is probably true anyway!!!! At any rate I did not get to the grocery store because my son decided I did not need to drive with my foot and I am not sure I could have, but, I am going to get my hands on some fiber bars and different things. I was reading about timing and stimulation to make yourself go....this is one thing that does worry me...I am so hoping that it is the pain meds. The really scary part to me is that my stomach does not really hurt either....I have no urge to go at all...that is just weird.....The voiding part of cleansing my body is what it is......I actually had an accident free day! It seems strange to be talking about this where all the world can see it but it is part of this syndrome...actually a very big part of it evidently...that and pain....you can't poop and you get pain too.....sounds like fun to me!

I have been reading today about pain and different kinds of pain. I did not realize there is different kinds of pain but there is I guess. I have mulled thru some of it and was surprised to see words that I had used to describe my pain....seems to be a common analogy where pain is concerned! I was reading about how nerves react to pain and I am totally confused....I saved the site to my favorites and will get back to it....my eyes got blurry and I could not read ....damn pills anyway! I am not sure that medicine is causing that but it is an easy blame! lol

So today I am standing in my kitchen and my leg is shooting pains from the top to the bottom...and it feels like it wants to fly out of place. I asked Dr. Nair about that and he said that the nerves the told the ligaments to tighten and loosen in my legs and knees and ankle and, I guess where ever you have ligaments in your legs, are damaged and not sending the signals out and my leg is like a free agent in there....so that means the muscles and ligaments are just hanging round.....Soooooooooooooo that means I need to build it up and I remember the exercises they gave me to strengthen my knee after surgery so I will make sure I will do them religiously....I cannot say I have been faithful to that for the last few weeks.

I am tired tonight....Jr has been growling at me that I am doing to much but I really do not have much of a choice....life goes on and mine is not willing to wait on CES at this moment. Family dynamics 101 I guess...I just know that I keep putting one foot in front of the other and hope I am going in the right direction! Maybe that is why my leg is flying out....it wants to go the other way......ha ha. Ok...take care all....I am gonna go check on the kids and make sure they are in for the night....Charlie would stay up till the chickens get up if you would let him....Benson falls asleep in the middle of his tv program....Jason is in bed ...he works tomorrow....and Jr is working now. Me and the dogs are gonna find a movie....Love and Peace to you and yours!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lynn...just a suggestion on fiber intake and bowel troubles....When mine get sluggish, and I dont eat enough fiber anyway, I eat mini-wheats with raisins sprinkled in there! And oatmeal with raisins, raisin bran....try that a few days in a row and it may just help ya! So, just trying to give you suggestions..Damn pain meds will bind you up!!

    ReplyDelete